The Website is operated by “STEM Detective LLC”, P.O. Box 36596, Houston, TX 77236 (“We”).
Personally Identifiable Information Collected and it's uses
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your stemdective.com user ID and password (if applicable)
- credit card information (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- a court orders otherwise, for example a bankruptcy court; or
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of STEM Detective LLC, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website; research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely. We may collect information about You from third party sources. The STEM Detective LLC website provides connections with Facebook. If You connect with Facebook through the Website, We receive Your public profile (which includes Your Facebook User ID, Your profile photo, Your public information, and Your friends’ User IDs), Your language, Your country, and whether You are in an age group, for instance under 18, between 18-20, or 21 and over. We can also access, store, and update the information You share through Facebook. We may also receive personal information about You from the other social media companies listed on the STEM Detective LLC website when You click on the button for a social media company such as Pinterest or Twitter or You follow/connect with the STEM Detective LLC account on a given social media website.
Cookies and Local Storage
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.aboutcookies.org (note that this website is not provided by STEM Detective LLC, and we therefore cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability). It is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly If you set up your Web browser so that cookies are not allowed.
STEM Detective LLC have implemented measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for our Website, you are fully responsible for keeping this password confidential and safe. We ask you not to share your login information with anyone. We urge you to be careful about using your login information from public computers . The information you share in public areas may be accessed by anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of personal information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee 100% security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict professional procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure. We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your credit or debit card or personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our payment processors. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Your Privacy Responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the STEM Detective LLC Website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Generated Content ("UGC"), as defined in the STEM Detective LLC Terms Of Service, from the Website, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including UGC, is governed by our Terms of Service.
External Data Storage Websites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Third Party Websites
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Questions or comments?
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at [email protected] or writing us at STEM Detective LLC, P.O. Box 36596, Houston, TX 77236